Friday, July 1, 2011

Daily Blog June 30

The most important thing I learned today was how and when I need to make the call about suspected child abuse of a student. I learned that when in doubt, or even suspect any form of child abuse, make the call and let CPS determine and investigate whether or not any form of abuse is actually taking place.  I learned so much today that I can't even begin to list everything.  While I learned so much about what situations and signs might signal that a child is being abused, I am still left still left with many questions.  Unfortunately most of my questions are not ones that could be answered with a definitive yes, no or clear explanation of what to do.  I will just have to listen to my students, watch for ques, follow my instincts, remember what I learned in class today and rely on fellow teachers and administrators when specific questions arise.

No comments:

Post a Comment