Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Daily Blog June 23

The most important thing I learned in class today was how to read and understand the layout and set up of the EALR's and the GLE's.  Though we had looked at them a little last quarter, today's class made them much more clear and easier for me to work with.  I learned what each of the numbers for the GLE's represent.  For example, with GLE 4.1.2, the 4 represents which EALR is being applied, the 1 represents the component and the 2 represents the GLE.  Before today's class I did not know what those numbers represented. Reading the specific standards for 5th grade health made me realise how many different topics can be taught within the health realm and also made me wonder how many teachers actually hit all these standards with their students.  In all the service learning experiences I had in the past two years, in elementary classrooms, I never witnessed health being taught.  Are teachers actually teaching health in K-6 classrooms?  Is most of it only taught in P.E.? 

No comments:

Post a Comment